Offices are places where we spend most of our day time, seated behind a desk trying to make our lives better. Since most of the time is spent on a chair, doing it uncomfortably may result in pains and on the worse, serious spine-related problems. It is, therefore, advisable for one to pick out a good office chair that is comfortable and will offer back support. A chair that makes you maintain a good and healthy posture when seated on it. Some of the best office chairs that will make sure you’re comfortable and as a result protect you from lower back pains.
Best Office Chair For Lower Back Pain
1. Herman Miller Embody Chair – Best office chair for lower back pain
The Herman Miller Embody Chair is an office chair that is built to suit all your comfort needs. It features a fully ergonomic structure, thickly padded seat and backrest and classic all-black fabric upholstery. It also spots a graphite base and standard double-wheeled casters. These among other features rank this office chair among the top 9 best office chairs for lower back pain.
- Ergonomic structure – This office chair gives you the freedom to adjust some of its parts to suit all your customized comfort needs. For instance, the seat can be raised or lowered enabling you to attain the right height to work behind your desk or even counter. This is made possible and easy by a strong and tested gas-lift mechanism integrated into the chair. Besides, the backrest can be adjusted too. You can move it either forth or back with the help of a lever located below the seat. The lumbar, too, can be raised to support your spine and lower back wherever you want.
Besides, the armrests are also adjustable making you find comfort whenever your arms feel tired.
- Strong construction material – The Herman Miller Embody Chair is made from very high-quality materials that give the chair the ability to withstand long periods of usage. Most of the parts of the chair are made from graphite, which makes the chair strong and stable. Also, the skin-like fabric upholstery of the chair gives it a comfortable feel as you sit on it. It also allows air circulation hence keeping your body cool all through the day. The office chair can hold more than 150 lbs of weight.
- Back support mechanism – The backrest of this chair is designed as the human spine. This gives it the ability to relax your spine whenever you’re using it reducing the risk of getting back pains.
- Rolling casters – The chair has rolling wheel casters that make navigation possible and easier. Moreover, they are made smooth to protect your floor from unnecessary scratches.
Pros and cons
2. Duramont Ergonomic Adjustable Office Chair – Best Budget office chair for back pain
The Duramont Ergonomic Adjustable Office Chair is an office chair whose bigger percentage of the backrest is made from mesh. As a result, the chair feels lighter and more fabric. It has a thickly padded seat and a fully adjustable make. Besides, the office chair also includes a headrest for extra head and neck support. The chair also swivels along a 360-degree margin. These among other features rank the Duramont Ergonomic Adjustable Office Chair among the top 9 office chairs for lower back pain.
- Breathable-mesh back – This office chair features a mesh back that makes it stand out from other ordinary office chairs. This specially designed back helps to keep your back cool and sweat-free as you use the chair.
- Fully adjustable mechanism – This office chair is fully adjustable. This helps you attain the ultimate comfort you need for your workday. The seat height is adjustable from a lever located underneath the seat with the help of a strong and tested gas-lift mechanism. Moreover, the lumbar support can be lowered or raised to aid in support of your lower back and eventually preventing lower back and spine-related pains. You can also adjust the tension of the mesh backrest. Besides, the headrest is adjustable too. You can change its height and angle to wherever you’re comfortable. Lastly, you can adjust the height and distance-from-the –seat of the armrests for your maximum comfort.
- Durable design – The office chair is made from strong construction materials that ensure the chair endures long periods of usage.
- Comfortable design – The seat is heavily padded to reduce the pressure while sitting for maximum comfort. Moreover, the lighter backrest gives the chair a more comfortable feel.
- Back support mechanism – The chair has an adjustable lumbar rest that gives ultimate support to your back reducing chances of experiencing back pains.
- Rolling wheel casters – The chair has a 5-star base with wheel casters at the edges that aid in movement as well as multitasking.
Pros and cons
3. Steelcase Gesture Chair – Best office chair for back pain
The Steelcase Gesture Chair spots a metallic look with a spine-mimicking backrest design. This is meant to give your back full support and prevent you from back and spine-related pains. This office chair hasergonomic features and other key features that rank it among the top 9 best office chairs for lower back pain.
- Ergonomic structure – The chair allows you to adjust some of its parts to suit your comfort needs. You can, for instance, raise or lower the seat height to suit your desk’s height. This is made easier by a gas lift mechanism that is strong and tested. The backrest can be tilted back and forth.
- 360-arm – This chair’s armrests are fully adjustable and can move like the human arm. This helps you maintain a safe posture.
- S-shaped back – The back of the Steelcase Gesture chair is curved like the human spine. This makes sure there’s maximum contact with the chair to prevent back pains after using the chair for a long period.
- Strong and sturdy design – Most parts of this office chair are made from metal making it hard for the chair to break during usage periods. Moreover, the fabric upholstery of the chair is durable and also helps to give a comfortable and executive feel when using the chair.
- Double plastic rolling casters
Pros and cons
The La-z-Boy Delano Executive Office Chair is a big and tall executive office chair that features wooden parts and a chestnut bonded leather upholstery. It has heavy padding on the seat and the s-shaped backrest, the armrests and a waterfall seat design. It has ergonomic features that enable you to customize parts of the chair for your preferred comfort needs. These among other features help to rank the chair in the top 9 best office chairs for lower back pain.
- Ergonomic structure- Some of this chair’s parts give you the ability to adjust them to attain your comfort needs. For instance, the seat height can be altered by the help of a lever underneath the seat. In addition, you can be able to tilt the backrest to attain your most comfortable position. The chair also offers a 360-degree swivel feature that enables you to rotate easing multitasking around your desk.
- Comfort – This chair is executively made to give you all the comfort you need while sitting on an office chair. The seat and backrest are thickly padded with a memory foam layer that enhances support. In addition, the chair features an integrated headrest on the upper side of the headrest that gives you head and neck support. Moreover, the armrests are padded too.
- Back support – The backrest of the La-Z-Boy Delano is S-shaped so that it completely gets in sync with the spine’s alignment. The chair also has lumbar support that keeps you from lower back pain by giving your spine full support. Above all, the chair is wide thus giving you maximum space to sit in.
- Stable and sturdy make – Most of this chair’s parts are made from hardwood and surprisingly, the chair can hold up to 400 lbs of weight. The chair has a wide base which enables even distribution of weight making it hard to topple over in the chair. On the edges of the base are strong and scratch-free wheel casters that enhance locomotion.
Pros and cons
5. Raynor Ergohuman High Back Mesh Chair – Best Office chair for lower back pain under $700
This office chair has most of its parts made in mesh. It features a mesh headrest, backrest, lumbar support and seat. This is very essential in relatively hot office conditions as it helps to keep the body cool and sweat-free. The chair has ergonomic features too, that help you customize the chair’s parts to suit your comfort needs. The base is metallic and it has double rolling casters that enable movement around the office. These, among other features, rank the Ergohuman High Back Swivel Chair among the top 9 best office chairs for lower back pain.
- Breathable mesh back – Most of this chair’s parts are made from breathable mesh that helps keep the body fresh even during hot days.
- Ergonomic design – The chair has a gas-lift mechanism, which helps you to raise the seat to suit your needs. The backrest, however, can also be tilted back and forth, for an inclined resting position. The chair also has an adjustable headrest that gives you head and neck support. Besides, you can adjust the armrests for extra arm support.
- Comfort – The chair’s mesh parts can be tightened to give you a comfortable sitting experience with respect to your weight. In addition, there is an adjustable lumbar support that gives you additional lower back support and hence reduces lower-back and spine-related problems.
- Double-wheeled plastic rolling casters that help with locomotion around the office while preventing your floor from scratches.
Pros and cons
This is a high-quality ergonomic gaming chair that features a heavily memory-foam padded seat and backrest, adjustable lumbar support and a high back design with a headrest pillow. The chair is fully ergonomic with a tested gas lift mechanism that enables seat-height adjustment. The VON Racer gaming chair is stable and sturdy and it can withhold long periods of usage. These among other features make the chair rank among the top 9 best office chairs for lower back pain.
- Comfortable design – The chair is generally large, giving you a wider seat space to sit in. Besides, the chair has adjustable lumbar support, which gives you extra lower-back support. Moreover, even though the chair features a high back design, it has a headrest pillow that gives you head and neck support. Besides, the backrest is curved giving your back full support and comfort.
- Ergonomic design – The chair has most of its parts adjustable to give you customized support. For instance, you can adjust the seat height, by the help of a tested pneumatic gas-lift mechanism. Besides, the backrest can be tilted and locked in one position to enable you to have an inclined resting position. The arms, however, have a 3D motion mechanism that enables you to adjust them in any way you wish.
- Stable and sturdy make – This chair is made from high-quality materials that ensure the long-term durability of the chair. The chair’s metallic base also gives the chair enough strength to hold up to 400lbs of weight.
- Wheel casters for help with navigation around the office
Pros and cons
7. Modway Articulate Ergonomic Mesh Office Chair – Best Cheap Office chair for Back Pain
The Modway Articulate Ergonomic Mesh Office Chair is a fully ergonomic office chair that features a mesh back, a thickly padded seat with strong fabric upholstery and a 5-star base with roller-blade wheel casters at the edges. It has plastic lumbar support that gives support to the lower back region. The chair is ranked among the top 9 best office chairs for lower back pain.
- Breathable mesh design – This chair’s backrest is majorly made from a breathable mesh material that helps in keeping your body cool and sweat-free even during the hottest working days. The mesh also gives the chair an outstanding and lighter look than the rest of the office chairs.
- Ergonomic design – This chair gives you the ability to adjust most of its parts for that customized comfort you may need. You can adjust the seat-height position so that it can fit your height or the height of your desk. In addition, the backrest has a tilt and tilt-lock mechanism that helps you attain a slanting resting position. The armrests, however, are height adjustable too.
- Comfortable – The chair is heavily padded on the seat, giving you ultimate comfort when using it. Besides, the tension of the mesh on the backrest can be adjusted too for extra comfort. In addition, the chair also has lumbar support that gives support to your lower-back hence preventing you from spine-related complications.
- Stable and sturdy – This chair is made from tough plastic that is not easy to wear. Moreover, the chair has a strong and wide base that ensures even distribution of weight. The edges of the base are fitted with easy-to-glide wheel casters that enable you to locomote around the office for multitasking. The casters are smooth and protect your floor from scratches.
Pros and cons
The YAMASORO Ergonomic Executive Office Chair is a high-back office chair that features double padding on both the seat and backrest. It has ergonomic features and the back is s-shaped to provide adequate support to the spine and lower back. The chair has a 5-star metallic base frame with double wheel casters for ease of locomotion. This executive office chair is upholstered in black leather, giving it a classic office look. It ranks among the top 9 best office chairs for lower back pain.
- Comfortable design – To begin with, this executive chair is made big to accommodate users of any size. In addition, it has double plush padding on the seat and backrest, which give you comfort while sitting by reducing the pressure on your body. The chair also has a high-back design with an integrated headrest that is padded for comfortable support of the head and neck. The seat, also, has a waterfall design that makes sure your legs are properly aligned and comfortable. Most importantly, the backrest is shaped in the form of the human spine and therefore preventing you from back pains.
- Ergonomic structure – This office chair has adjustable parts that enable you to achieve the customized comfort you need. You can raise or lower the seat, tilt and lock the backrest and even change the position and inclination of the armrests. Also, you can swivel around the chair with the help of a 360-degree swivel feature.
- Sturdy and stable design – This executive office chair is made from high-quality materials. The base, however, can hold up to 330 lbs of weight. This makes the chair safe to use without worrying about breakage. This chair is durable and it can last for long if taken care of.
- Wheel casters – These enable movements around the office and enhance multitasking.
Pros and cons
9. Herman Miller Aeron – Best Ergonomic Chair For Back Pain
The Herman Miller Aeron Task Chair is a high-back office chair that features a breathable mesh back and seat, ergonomic properties, like the movable armrests, and a 5-star base with rolling wheel casters at the edges of the base. The back is S-shaped, enhancing support at the lower back and therefore preventing you from spine-related pains. This task chair ranks among the top 9 best office chairs for lower back pain.
- Breathable mesh – Most of this chair’s parts are made from mesh. This helps to keep the body cool and sweat-free even in extremely hot workdays. Besides, it gives the chair a lighter and more comfortable feel.
- Lower back support – This chair has an integrated plastic lumbar support at the back of the backrest that gives support to the lower back. This helps you escape back pains.
- Ergonomic design – This chair gives you the freedom to adjust some of its parts so that you can achieve customized comfort. You can change the seat height, the backrest’s inclination/tilt and also the armrest position. All these can be done by the help of levers located underneath the seat.
- Comfort – This chair offers you comfort from its ability to adjust the tension of the mesh on the seat and backrest. In addition, it has a waterfall-edge designed seat that keeps your thighs well-positioned hence according them utmost comfort.
- Stable design – The chair has a wide base that ensures that weight is distributed evenly thus averting any chance of toppling over when in use. At the edges of the 5-star base are smooth-rolling wheel casters that enhance locomotion while preventing your floor from unnecessary scratches.
Pros and cons
Things you Must Know before choosing your best back support office chair
We’ve researched everything you need to know about buying the best office chair for back pain and combed through the details and reviews for dozens of chairs so you don’t have to. Well, our top 10 list is based on what we like. This might not suit you, so we prefer you to have a look at all of the details below. That will help you in choosing your office chair. Let’s take a look at all the key terms and information that you need to know to make an informed purchase.
5 Proven Strategies to help you with your buying decision To Get The Best Office chair for Back Pain:
- Comfort: Comfort is one of the biggest and important factors in a good ergonomic chair. So, You should get an office chair you will feel comfortable in.
- Adjustable Back Support & Seat Height: As You are looking for the best office chair. So, You have to be sure the chair you choose, Its back and lumbar support should be adjustable up and down. The reason for this is Because The Adjustable back support allows it to fit with your curve back to increase the ability to work for longer periods of time with little or no back pain. As well as, The height of the seat must be adjustable.
- Curved Back: Make sure the chair lower back area is curved enough. The reason for this is Because The human body form has no straight lines; It is curvilinear. So it should be curved to reduce strain on your lower back.
- Tilt, Swivel & Recline Ability: To remain comfortable and provide better spinal posture the chair should have the ability to easily tilt or Recline and swivel capability.
- Adjustable Armrests: Make sure the armrests of the chair is the height adjustable. Because The properly positioned armrests actually help to promote poor posture and reduce strain on your hands.
In light of the above, you will need a good office chair that gives you the right amount of support for your spine, especially the lower back part, if you want to completely put lower back pains at bay.