The Carpal tunnel is a passageway, one inch in diameter, which is formed by small bones in the wrist that are known as the carpal bones. This tunnel is responsible for protecting the median nerve as well as the flexor tendons that enable you to bend your fingers and thumb. It also provides sensation to your thumb and fingers, on the palm-side.
To prevent a condition whereby you might experience complications with this vital wrist organ, you need to ensure the maximum comfort of the wrist whenever possible. Since we spend most of our time sitting, this article on the best orthopedic office chairs for Carpal Tunnel helps you with information on some of the best office chairs you can use to prevent that condition. Have a look at them.
Best Office Chair for Carpal tunnel
1. Alera Elusion Series Mesh Mid-Back Multifunction Chair
This office chair features a breathable mesh back, a thickly padded seat and ergonomic characteristics, among them, being the movable armrests. The chair also spots a special kind of adjustment, the multifunction mechanism, whereby the seat glides forward when you tilt the backrest. This gives you stability when in a reclining position to give you maximum comfort. It offers you the following features
- Comfortable – The chair is meant to always feel comfortable to you and reduce the frequent breaks you take due to fatigue from an ordinary office chair. Its seat is plush padded and contoured to reduce pressure on your back as you sit on it as well as conforming to your body for excellent support. Moreover, the seat has a waterfall edge seat design that helps to reduce pressure on the underside of the legs.
- Ergonomic design – This chair has ergonomic features that help you to customize it however you want. Most importantly is the multifunction mechanism. When you tilt the backrest of the Alera Elusion chair, the seat tends to glide forward in conformity so that it can enhance your reclining resting position and at the same time find balance. The armrests are ergonomic too. You can move them up or down to your wish and as you attain comfort, you will also be preventing future occurrences of wrist-related complications.
- Stable design – This chair is made from premium materials that make the chair durable for long-term use. The base is high-quality and has hooded double-wheeled casters at the ends for easy mobility.
Pros and cons
- Multifunction mechanism
- Ergonomic design
- The lumbar is not movable
2. Duramont Ergonomic Adjustable Office Chair
TheDuramont Ergonomic Adjustable chair is a mesh-back ergonomic office chair that has a contoured seat cushion, separate headrest, a 5-star base with rollerblade wheel casters, and movable armrests. Besides it has movable lumbar as opposed to other ordinary office chairs. Its features include;
- Comfortable – This office chair offers several features that make it so comfortable to use. To begin with, it has a plush padded seat that minimizes the frequent breaks you’d take due to using an uncomfortable chair. Besides, there is a separate headrest that provides support for your head and neck.
It also has a mesh back that helps to keep your body cool and sweat-free even in hot workdays.
- Ergonomic design – This chair has several movable parts. All these work to enable you to get customized support. For instance, you can adjust the seat height and the headrest and lumbar positions too using several pneumatic controls. The armrests, more importantly, are movable and enable you to get an additional arm and wrist support. This helps to prevent arm and wrist-related complications,
Moreover, the chair offers you the freedom to perform a 360-degree swivel for the ease of multitasking. You can also move around with the help of the wheel casters at the edges of the base.
- High-quality design – This chair can hold up to 330 lbs of weight owing to its high-quality make. It also can last long even under heavy usage.
Pros and cons
- Breathable mesh helps to keep the body comfortable and cool
- Ergonomic design
- Stable and durable design
- The mesh back may tear off when in contact with a sharp object.
3. La-Z-Boy Bennett Modern Executive Wood Inlay Office Chair
The La-Z-Boy Bennett from the first sight, spots a wooden make, thick seat and backrest padding, and brown bonded leather upholstery. It features a sleek and contemporary design that perfectly fits your home and office décor. It has these following features;
- Comfortable – The executive office chair features a high back design with a thickly padded backrest for the perfect back comfort. It is also heavily padded on the seat to reduce pressure on the back as you use the chair. It also has fixed armrests that are perfectly fixed for your hand and wrist comfort.
- Adjustable settings – The chair has several ergonomic properties that work to offer you customized support. For instance, you can adjust the seat height to fit your table comfortably or even tilt the chair backward to achieve a reclining position during resting. You can also swivel around and move about the office with the help of a strong and tested gas-lift mechanism and hooded wheel casters at the base end.
- Durable – With most La-Z-Boy products being durable and long-lasting, the Bennett is no exception. Despite being made from wood, it supports around 300lbs of weight and it lasts long even with heavy usage.
Pros and cons
- It is durable and long-lasting
- Comfortable and ergonomic design
- Sleek and executive design
- Lacks lumbar support and headrest
4. OFM Core Collection Ergo Office Chair
The OFM Core office chair features a mesh seat, backrest, lumbar and headrest. It also spots other several ergonomic features including adjustable armrests for extra arm and wrist comfort. The chair is also stable and holds a capacity of up to 275 lbs making it comfortable to use to almost any-sized users. Its features are discussed below.
- Breathable mesh – This chair is largely made from mesh making it so cool and comfortable to use. The mesh also gives this chair a stylish and light look.
- Ergonomic structure – This chair also offers ergonomic adjustments to give you customized support and comfort. The armrests are 4D, meaning that they can move towards any direction in conformity to how you want your wrists supported. Also, the seat can be height-adjusted with the help of a pneumatic lever underneath the seat.
The lumbar position is also adjustable making lower-back support more convenient. This office chair also possesses a Synchro-tilt mechanism that enhances the comfort of the feet.
- Durable – This chair is made from quality and certified materials making it durable and breakage-free when in use. For instance, the chair’s base is made from hardened steel and it supports up to 275 pounds of weight.
Pros and cons
- Comfortable and mesh design
- Durable and long-lasting
- 4-D arms
- The mesh parts slowly grow weaker and may tear off when they come in contact with sharp objects.
5. HON Wave Big and Tall Executive Chair
This office chair features a fabric-upholstered seat and backrest, adjustable armrests among other ergonomic features. The backrest is tall enabling even the big and tall users to comfortably enjoy taking comfort on the chair. The chair also features an adjustable lumbar for enhanced lower back support. These and other features are discussed below.
- Comfortable – This office chair is meant to offer you the ultimate comfort you need. It features a waterfall-edge seat that reduces tension as well as increasing blood flow at the underside of the legs to make you feel more comfortable. Also, the seat is thickly padded to reduce pressure on your back while using the chair.
Besides, it also has adjustable lumbar support that enhances lower-back support and eventually helping you evade spine-related problems.
- Ergonomic structure – This chair has several movable parts that are customizable to give you the support you need. It has a height-adjustable seat, lumbar, and armrests. The armrests are 4D, making them move in all directions. This chair also offers you the freedom to swivel around the seat to enhance multitasking. With the help of double-wheeled casters at the ends of the base, you can be able to move around the home or office.
- Durable and stable design – This chair spots a stable and sturdy design from the high-quality materials that are used in the construction of the chair. For instance, the base is made from reinforced metal making the chair withstand a capacity of around 450 pounds.
Pros and cons
- Adjustable arms
- Ergonomic structure
- Comfortable and durable
- The chair lacks a headrest.
We all need to be cautious about our health as we run our day-to-day activities. We need to check on the little things as our sitting postures because failure to that, health complications may arise. Surprisingly, even the minor complications, later on, develop into bigger and more costly problems.
The arms and wrists might seem to be small organs but we cannot do without them. We need to take care of them.