Hip pains are a problem we experience in our everyday lives and most of them originate from poor sitting postures when sitting for long hours in our offices. They can be caused by too much pressure on the hip area or other minor problems that you get from your ordinary office chair. These problems can be prevented by obtaining the perfect office chair that will deal with that hip problem. We’ve sampled the top 6 best office chairs for hip pain according to our experience in office chairs.
Best Office Chair for hip pain
The Alera Elusion Series Mid – Back Multifunction Chair is an office executive chair that is designed to prevent hip pain. It features a multifunction mechanism that allows the adjustment of the back angle, adjustable tilt mechanism with a tilt lock feature and a breathable mesh back. It has a contoured seat cushion that is thickly padded for maximum comfort and waterfall edge design that ensures efficient blood circulation in the leg area. It is a fully ergonomic chair and it can be raised or lowered according to the user’s preference. The armrests too are movable to offer customized arm support. This chair is among the top 6 best office chairs for hip pain because of the following discussed features it offers.
- Multifunction mechanism – This executive office chair has seat glide and a multifunction mechanism that allows the adjustment of the back angle in relation to the seat. This is aimed at reducing the pressure on the back and hip area and as a result getting rid of hip pains that may be caused by long hours of sitting.
- Breathable mesh back – This chair features a breathable back that aims at maintaining a cool back even in the hottest of working days. It also reduces pressure on the back as compared to other padded and leather – finished office chairs.
- Ergonomic design – This chair provides you with the freedom of adjusting its parts so as to provide customized support and comfort. For instance, you can adjust the seat height, the width, and height of the armrests and the back height for optimal lumbar support. In addition, the chair has a lock mechanism that allows you to lock the chair at your preferred position.
- Comfortable seat – The seat cushion is contoured and thickly padded and upholstered in premium fabric. The contoured seat is designed to reduce pressure on the back and as a result, reduce hip pain. Moreover, the seat features a waterfall seat edge that increases blood flow in the leg area and eventually enhancing leg comfort.
- 5 – Star base for easy mobility – The base of this office chair is star-shaped and made from strong materials for stability. Durable rolling casters increase mobility around the office.
- A multifunction mechanism that reduces hip pain.
- Breathable mesh back for a cool and comfortable feel.
- Full ergonomic structure.
- Waterfall seat edge design
- The breathable mesh back can tear easily when it gets into contact with a sharp object.
The Boss Office B991 – CP is a big and tall chair with an extra – durable design that can withstand long a period of heavy use. It features a high – back design, a wide seat with waterfall edge design, heavily padded seat and backrest and black CaressoftPlus upholstery. This executive office chair is designed to offer you utmost comfort while reducing hip pain as you spend your time on the office chair. It ranks among the top 6 best office chairs for hip pain because of the following features it offers;
- Comfort and support – This chair offer great back and spine support from its adjustable features and a contoured back that keeps the back aligned for spine support. Its wide seat gives a greater seat area which is helpful in reducing pressure on the lower back hence preventing hip pain. The chair has inbuilt lumbar support for the lower back.
- Ergonomic structure – This chair gives you the ability to adjust its seat height and tilt for personalized comfort. To lower the seat height, place your weight on the seat and pull a lever that is located below the seat and releases it when you are at your preferred height. To raise it, reach out to the same lever and raise it when gently removing your weight from the seat. At the preferred height, release the lever. You can tilt the chair back if you want to relax with the help of the tilt lever.
- Quality cushioning – This chair is heavily padded on its backrest, seat, and armrests. The padding is double – plush for extra comfort throughout the day. The armrests are padded and curved to provide extra wrist and arm support. The upholstery of the chair is in smooth bonded leather that is durable and comfortable.
- Stability – This big executive chair is made from high – end materials that give it the ability to support up to 350 lbs. In addition, its 5 – star metal base and double 3-inch wide wheel casters make movements around the office smooth and topple free. Swiveling around the seat for multitasking is made easier too.
- This chair has a wide seat and contoured back that provide enough lower – back support preventing hip pain.
- High – back design suitable for big and tall users.
- Ergonomic design.
- Heavy padding for utmost comfort.
- Supports up to 350 pounds of weight.
- The armrests are not adjustable.
The Vanbow High Back Leather Office Chair is a high-back executive office chair that is made to suit all your comfort needs. It features a high back design that is suitable for any user, thickly padding on the backrest and seat, s shape back design that aligns to the body to provide spine support. It has adjustable armrests, lumbar support and waterfall seat edge that reduces the pressure on the legs increasing leg support and comfort. The seat is fully ergonomic and it spots a height adjustment mechanism as well as backrest tilt and tilt-lock mechanism. It has a sturdy and strong base that gives it the ability to support up to 250 pounds. It is among the top 6 best office chairs for hip pain because of the following features;
- Maximum comfort – This chair is designed to give you the utmost comfort as you sit in your office. It offers a great lumbar support mechanism that ensures the comfort of the lower back and hip region. The seat is padded in soft memory foam and spots a waterfall seat edge mechanism that enhances blood circulation in the underside of the legs giving them maximum comfort. The back is s-shaped so as to assume your body shape and give you maximum spine support. The upper side of the backrest is heavily padded to offer head and neck support hence substituting the missing headrest.
- Ergonomic design – This executive office chair offers you the ability to adjust its parts so as to receive customized support. The seat is height-adjustable by the help of a lever beneath the seat. The backrest has the ability to recline back in a 30-degree margin. This offers you great comfort when you want to relax. The armrests too are adjustable and padded to provide extra hand and wrist support.
- High-end materials – The Vanbow executive office chair is made from high-quality materials that are meant to withstand long periods of heavy usage. The upholstery of the seat is in soft synthetic leather that is durable. It also gives the chair a strong and comfortable feel. Moreover, the base of the chair is made from heavy-duty nylon and the chair can support a weight of up to 250 pounds. With the help of smooth rolling casters, you can get a 360-degree swivel around the chair or even move around the office with ease.
Pros and cons
- S-shape design for spine support.
- Bonded leather upholstery that provides a comfortable feel.
- Waterfall seat edge technology.
- Ergonomic design.
- The bonded leather upholstery is not as durable as real leather.
This ergonomic office chair features a high back design and a mesh back that aligns itself to the body so as to support the spine. It has a fabric seat with steel frames that are plastic – coated. The seat and armrests are ergonomic, with the latter padded for extra arm and wrist support.
This office chair is ranked among the top 6 best office chairs for hip pain because of the following features.
- Multifunction mechanism – This chair features a multifunction mechanism that allows for independent locking of the back angle and the seat. This gives you the freedom to customize the chair in any way that you wish so as to achieve a great sitting posture so as to reduce back and hip pain.
- Ergonomic design – This Lorell mesh – back chair gives you the ability to adjust the seat height, the backrest position, the lumbar and the armrests too. With the help of a lever under the seat, you can raise or lower the seat. Since the chair offers a multifunction mechanism, the backrest can be adjusted separately to either lean forward or backward. The armrests, too, can adjust in width and height. The chair also features adjustable lumbar support for lower back support.
- Breathable mesh back – This chair features a mesh back that aims at keeping a sweat – free and cool back even in the hottest work days. Moreover, it gives the chair a lighter and better look.
- Comfortable seat – This chair’s seat is padded and finished in a durable thick fabric that does not wear easily. The seat has a wide sitting area and gives room for larger people. Moreover, the larger space reduces pressure on the back reducing back and hip pain.
- Durable base – The base of this office chair is made from durable nylon and it can withstand a weight limit of 250 pounds. It has a 5 – star base and smooth rolling casters that make movements around the office easier. A 360 – degree swivel also helps to make multitasking a lot easier.
Pros and cons
- Multifunction mechanism that allows for independent adjustment of the backrest and seat.
- Breathable back that ensures a cool back throughout the day.
- Ergonomic structure.
- Easy to assemble.
- The breathable mesh can tear when it comes into contact with sharp objects in the office.
- The chair supports only 250 lbs of weight so it can break easily if used by a heavier individual.
The Ergohuman High Back Swivel Chair is a uniquely built office chair as it features a breathable mesh headrest, backrest and seat. This is aimed at promoting air circulation while offering increased support. It is fully ergonomic and customizable for personalized support and comfort. It has a strong base, made from propylene, and nylon casters that ease movements around the office. It is among the top 6 best office chairs for hip pain because of the following features;
- Ergonomic structure – This ergonomic office chair offers you the ability to adjust its parts for personalized comfort. It has a pneumatic cylinder that raises and lowers the chair quickly. In addition, the chair back offers you the freedom to tilt it so as to lean back or forth. The tilt, however, can be locked at a specific position by the help of a tilt – lock mechanism that is also integrated on this office chair. The tension of the back and seat mesh too can be adjusted so as achieve a more comfortable posture and prevent hip pains. The armrests and headrest are adjustable and you can move them to any position that you are comfortable with. This chair also features adjustable lumbar support that enhances support of the lower back in order to increase your comfort and prevent back pains. This lumbar support can be adjusted up or down so as to suit different users.
- Breathable mesh parts – Most of this chair’s parts, that is the headrest, backrest and seat are made from breathable mesh and this unique feature helps in maintaining the whole body cool and sweat – free even in the hottest of workdays. The mesh is strongly made and tightened so as to support large weighted people.
- Synchro-tilt mechanism – This mechanism together with seat depth adjustment aim at making you sit in the correct posture when seated or reclined in order to avert hip pains that come as a result of a poor sitting posture over a long time.
- Contoured back – The back of this chair is contoured so as to assume the human body shape and henceforth support the spine effectively.
- Strong base – Thos chair’s base is made from propylene material and it offers support of up to 265 pounds. With the help of nylon wheel casters, you can move around the office and multitask easily.
Pros and cons
- Synchro – tilt mechanism.
- The chair is fully ergonomic with adjustable headrest, backrest, lumbar and armrests.
- Breathable mesh body for adequate air circulation.
- The breathable mesh can tear easily when it comes into contact with sharp objects.
- The mesh gets weaker with time.
This unique chair features an adjustable saddle – shaped stool and a tiltable backrest that is suitable for office, hospital or home use. This office chair neither has a headrest nor armrests. The lack of armrests gives a larger room for the seat area, therefore, one cannot experience pressure on the back hence reducing hip pains. This chair doesn’t feature lumbar support mechanism, unlike other ordinary office chairs. However, it is among the top 6 best office chairs for hip pain because of the following features;
- Large seat area – This ergonomic chair’s seat is made wider than the standard stool, and with the combination of lack of armrests, this chair offers a large sitting area that brings a perfect balance for the hips and the lower back. This helps to reduce hip pains. Moreover, the seat is saddle-shaped to give extra comfort to the spine and back.
- Ergonomic design – This chair is designed to give you the ability to adjust its seat and backrest for customized support. The backrest is tilt-able to an optimal angle of 135 degrees thus giving you adequate spine support and comfort. The seat is adjustable too as you can adjust its height and angle to enhance hip support. You can swivel around the chair for easy multitasking.
- Thickly padding – This chair’s backrest and saddle seat are thickly padded to give adequate comfort and support. The chair is upholstered in quality PU leather.
- Sturdy and stable chair base – The base of this office chair is star-shaped and with the help of double wheel casters, movements around the office are made easy and scratch – free.
Pros and cons
- Wider seat area for hip comfort.
- Thick padding.
- Easy to assemble.
- The chair doesn’t feature a headrest and backrest.
In a nutshell, everyone is entitled to a comfortable office sitting experience that does not affect their health. Back and hip pains often come as a result of poor sitting postures. Therefore, to be on the safer side, we need to change our sitting postures but most importantly, our office chairs.