We all want an office chair that will suit all our office needs and provide excellent working conditions for everyone in the office. The seat does not make one stand or take a small walk in the name of relaxing their back.
We all want that chair but unfortunately, because of one reason or another, we cannot afford the high-end office chairs just because they are just too expensive for our budgets.
Well, that should not be the end of the story because we have lower-end office chairs that serve the same purpose.
We have sampled the top 7 budget cheap office chairs under 100 so that you can select from them.
Best Cheap Office Chair
For $100, you are looking to get an entry-level chair. BUT, that doesn’t mean you are doomed to get a bad chair because you have a smaller budget to work with. Even in the $100 range, you can find a solid office chair that will give you comfort and support. But how do you separate the well-priced beginner model from the cheap rip-offs? By benefitting from my research and checking out the recommendations in this article, of course.
If you have any kind of back pain issue, then we suggest you use an ergonomic chair that will support your back neck properly please check out our other ergonomic product list- Click Here.
1. AmazonBasics High-Back Executive Office Chair
This executive office chair features a high–back design that is suitable for all users, a thickly padded backrest and seat, padded armrests, and a 5-star base with double wheel casters. It is upholstered in black bonded leather that provides an executive look in the office. It is sampled among the top budget office chairs list because of the great features that make it not only give the office an elegant look but also provide all-day support and comfort while at the office. The features include;
- Ergonomic design – This office chair is made adjustable so as to suit the variable needs of various users. The seat can be raised or lowered or even set to tilt depending on how the user prefers. To raise the seat, remove your weight gently from the seat and pull on the pneumatic control lever that is located below the seat and releases it when you are at your preferred height. To lower it, place your weight on the seat and pull the same lever and release it when you reach the height you’re comfortable with. This pneumatic control lever also controls the tilt of the chair and has a tilt lock mechanism. You can set the chair to recline at any angle and lock it at one point or you can set the chair to rock back and forth.
- Thick padding – This chair is thickly padded on its backrest so as to reduce the pressure on the back and hence increasing its comfort. Since it features a high – back design, the padding on the upper side of the backrest acts to support the head and neck region so as to give you comfort during your work. Moreover, the armrests are padded to provide arm and wrist comfort.
- Bonded black leather and PVC upholstery – This chair’s upholstery is in bonded leather and PVC. These provide a smooth and comfortable feel while increasing the durability of the chair at the same time.
- Strong materials – The chair’s base is made of a strong 5 – star base and nylon rolling casters. These give the chair balance and make movements around the office easy and topple – free. In overall, the chair supports up to 275 pounds
- The chair has an ergonomic structure.
- Stylish and elegant chair
- Bonded leather and PVC
- Durable (don’t let any animals on it)
- Thick padding on backrest, seat, and armrests.
- Strong base and durable nylon casters.
- Armrests are weak & not adjustable
- The armrests are not padded.
- The bonded leather upholstery wears out fast.
2. Furmax Mid Back Mesh Office Chair
At first sight, the most striking feature you get from the Furmax Mesh Desk Chair is the breathable mesh back. this chair also features adjustable lumbar support, an ergonomic design, slightly curved armrests, a 5 – star base, and plastic rolling casters. This desk chair ranks among his list due to its unique features that offer you the ultimate comfort you need in your office as you work all day long. The features are discussed below.
- Breathable mesh back – This chair’s back is made of breathable mesh that not only gives the chair a lighter look but also helps to keep the body cool and sweat free even in very hot workdays. However, the breathable mesh back is strong and cannot wear out easily.
- Ergonomic structure – The chair offers you the freedom to adjust some of its parts so as to get the customized comfort you need. You can adjust the seat height, using a pneumatic control lever beneath the seat that enables you to do so. Moreover, this chair features plastic lumbar support that is also adjustable so as to enhance lower back support.
- Thickly padded seat – The seat of the Fumax chair is heavily padded so as to provide enough support to the back.
- Lumbar support mechanism – The chair has a plastic adjustable lumbar support that improves lower back support.
- Sturdy base – The chair has a 5 – star base that is made from strong materials meant to withstand long periods of heavy usage. Moreover, the chair has plastic double wheel casters that ease movements around the office. The casters leave no marks or scratches on the floor. The chair supports a weight limit of 265 pounds.
- Easy to assemble
- Breathable mesh back that helps keep the body cool even in hot work days.
- Ergonomic structure.
- Lumbar support mechanism.
- The armrests are not adjustable.
3. BestOffice High Back Executive Office Chair
BestOffice Office Chair is a high back chair that features a thickly padded seat, backrest, and armrests. The chair feels comfortable owing to the PU leather upholstery that brings a soft and comfortable feel. Moreover, the chair is oil and water-resistant. The chair has back lumbar support and has a tilt mechanism that helps keep the right body posture so as to support the spine. The seat too is adjustable and you can change its height. The chair too has gently curved armrests that provide comfortable arm and hand support. The chair too is made from high-quality materials and it can support a weight of up to 250 pounds. With these and other features discussed below:
- Excellent comfort – This chair was meant to provide utmost comfort for your office stay. This is made possible by the thick padding on the backrest that reduces pressure on the back giving you a more comfortable and relaxed feel. The backrest, however, is made curved and it aligns itself to the body curve so as to give you better back support. Moreover, the seat cushion is thickly padded so as to give more comfort if you have to sit on the chair for long hours. The gently curved armrests are also padded for additional support and comfort. Heavy padding on the upper side of the backrest acts as the headrest and gives your head and neck enough support. Overall, the chair is meant to give you maximum support and comfort and improve your sitting posture so as to curb back, leg and hip pains.
- Ergonomic structure – This chair gives you the ability to adjust some of its parts to positions that match your needs. For instance, the back support can tilt back in within a 35 – degree range that enables you to relax and reduce strain on your spine. The chair has a tilt lock mechanism that locks the chair in one position to prevent it from moving back and forth. The reclining and lock mechanisms are made possible by a lever that is located underneath the chair. The seat is adjustable too as you can change its height depending on the desk you are using.
- Strong construction materials – This chair’s upholstery is in PU leather that is more durable and water and oil resistant. The base is made from heavy-duty metal and it can support a weight of up to 250 pounds. The casters have double wheels and roll quietly and flexible. The chair also offers a 360-degree swivel that makes multitasking in the office a lot easier.
- Classy and elegant design, high-back chair, metal base.
- Maximum comfort: ergonomic shape, large padded
- Thickly padding.
- Tilt and tilt-lock mechanism.
- Strong and sturdy base..
- Most wallet-friendly option.
- Ergonomic construction.
- Easy to assemble.
- Does smell slightly of gasoline at first
- The armrests are not ergonomic.
- PU leather can get very hot quickly during the warmer climates
4. BERLMAN High Back Mesh Office Chair
The BERLMAN High Back Mesh Office Chair is a unique office chair that features a breathable mesh back and an adjustable mesh headrest. The chair also features a curved backrest that helps maintain a healthy spine. The office chair also offers adjustability of its parts for customized comfort and support. With the help of its strong base and durable wheel casters, you can swivel along with the chair and move around the office with ease.
- Comfortable headrest – This chair features a mesh headrest that is height-adjustable so as to suit short or tall users. The headrest, however, is soft and offers enough comfort to the head and neck.
- Added padding on the backrest – This office chair has padding that is added onto the lower part of the mesh backrest. This is meant to provide additional lower back support and keep the natural curve of the body. It acts as lumbar support.
- Breathable mesh back – The chair’s back and headrests are made from a breathable mesh material. These are aimed at enhancing air circulation on the back and eventually maintaining a cool back even in hot work days.
- Ergonomic structure – This ergonomic chair features an adjustable backrest that allows you to tilt the chair at any angle for utmost comfort. With the assistance of a tilt-lock mechanism, you can lock the chair at one position or even put it to rock back and forth. The seat and lumbar are height-adjustable too. The chair has a heavy duty nylon base with a 360-degree swivel for ease of multitasking. Smooth rolling nylon casters help in movements around the office and they run smoothly and quietly and they don’t leave marks on floors.
- Strong chair base – This chair’s base is made from hardy materials that are meant to last long periods of usage. The chair features a 5 – star base and 360 – degree swivel wheels that help with movements around the office. The chair can withstand a weight of up to 300 pounds.
- Supports a weight of up to 300 lbs.
- Breathable mesh back.
- Adjustable headrest.
- The armrests are not adjustable.
5. Serta Style Hannah I Office Chair.
The Serta Style Hannah office chair is an executive office chair that is created to give you a comfortable office working experience especially when you have to sit for long hours. It features light beige microfiber upholstery that gives a soft and supple sitting experience. It also features a soft pillowed headrest and heavily padded back and armrests that increase comfort. The chair also has adjustable lumbar support for lower back support and a waterfall seat edge mechanism for leg comfort. A pneumatic gas lift helps to adjust the seat height to any height that suits your comfort needs. The chair also features a recline mechanism that allows you to tilt the seat to either lean forward or backward. The seat also has a tilt tension mechanism that is made easier by an adjustment knob that is located underneath the seat. The seat also has a heavy-duty base that gives enough stability and smooth-rolling casters for movements around the office.
Features and details
- Thickly padding – The chair is thickly padded in almost every part to provide the most comfortable sitting environment as you sit in your office. The backrest is thickly padded and upholstered in microfiber that gives it a smoother feel. The upper side of the backrest is heavily padded and has an integrated pillow so as to act as a headrest and provide neck support and comfort. The armrests are padded too to provide hand and wrist support and comfort.
- Waterfall seat edge technology – This office chair’s seat has a waterfall edge design that improves blood circulation and eases pressure underneath the legs and gives them extra comfort and makes it easier to stay on the chair for long hours.
- Contoured lumbar support – The backrest of this chair has integrated lumbar support that increases support on the lower back and spine. The lumbar is contoured so as to assume the shape of the body for effective support.
- Ergonomic design – The office chair gives you the ability to adjust its parts and provide customized support. The seat height can be raised or lowered, with the help of a pneumatic control lever that is located under the seat. To lower the seat, place your weight on the seat and pull the control lever and release it when you have reached your desired height. To raise it, remove your weight from the seat and pull the same lever. Release it when you have reached your preferred height. The chair can be put to recline by use of the same lever.
- Strong and sturdy base – The base of this chair is star-shaped and made from heavy-duty materials that can withstand heavy everyday usage. With the assistance of dual wheel casters, you can do a 360 – degree swivel for ease of multitasking or even move around to different parts of the office. This chair can support a weight of up to 250 pounds.
- Thickly padding on seat, backrest and armrests.
- The chair has an integrated headrest for head and neck support.
- Lumbar support.
- Waterfall seat edge design.
- The armrests are not adjustable.
6. Homall Gaming High Back Executive Office Chair
This gaming office chair is made for gaming or office needs. It features a high back design with a headrest pillow, freely adjustable lumbar support, ergonomic armrests, integrated PU wheels and a sturdy five-star base. The chair is made from high – end materials that give it a carrying capacity of up to 300 pounds.
- Tilt lock mechanism – This chair offers you a 90 – degree angle adjuster that makes it easy for you to lean back and relax when taking a rest. This is made possible by an adjustment lever that is below the seat. The chair also has a tilt lock mechanism that enables you to lock the backrest at a specific point so as to prevent it from rocking back and forth.
- Ergonomic design – Despite the chair having a high back design, you may need to adjust the seat height for whatever purposes you may have. The armrests too are adjustable for customized arm and wrist support. The seat and armrests are height adjustable. To raise the seat, remove your weight gently from the seat and pull on the lever below the seat and release it when you reach the preferred height. To lower it, place your weight on the seat and pull the same lever and release it when you reach the desired height. The seat also provides a tilt and tilt lock mechanism.
- Headrest pillow and lumbar cushion – The office chair also has a softly padded headrest pillow that enhances head and neck support. There is a lumbar cushion that can be adjusted freely to enhance lower back and spine support.
- High – end materials – This chair is made from materials that can withstand heavy usage over a long time. The frames are made of steel and they give the chair the ability to withstand a capacity of 300 pounds. The upholstery of the chair is in PU leather that is wear-free.
- Strong and sturdy base – This chair has a five-star base that is steel – made and can withstand a load of 300 lbs. with the help of multi-direction wheel casters, you can swivel and move around the office with ease.
- Lumbar cushion and a headrest pillow.
- Thick padding.
- Ergonomic design.
- Strong construction materials.
- Carrying capacity of 300 lbs.
- The chair is not easy to assemble.
7. Essentials Executive Chair
The OFM Essentials Executive Chair is a mid-task office chair that features suede fabric seating that has segmented padding. It is ergonomic as it offers different adjust-abilities to its parts aimed at giving you the customized support and comfort you want. The chair features a seat adjustment mechanism and tilt mechanism for your comfort. The backrest, seat, and armrests are heavily padded in soft foam so as to provide optimal comfort. A 5-star base and nylon casters aid in movement around the office.
- Thick padding – Most of this chair’s parts are thickly padded to provide adequate comfort by reducing pressure on the body. The backrest featured double plush padding that provides back comfort. The upper part of the backrest is thickly padded to provide head support since it acts as a headrest. The seat, moreover, is heavily padded and it spots a waterfall edge design that reduces the pressure below the legs so as to improve leg comfort. The armrests too are padded to provide extra arm and wrist support.
- Ergonomic design – This chair offers you the ability to adjust some of its parts so as to achieve the customized support and comfort you want. The seat is height-adjustable so as to suit the needs of different people. Moreover, the chair has a tilt and tilt tension lock mechanism that enables you to recline anytime you want to take some rest.
- Durable materials – This office chair has a strong base and rolling casters that are made from high-end materials that give the seat a support limit of 250 pounds.
- Thick padding for a comfortable sitting experience.
- The chair has an ergonomic make.
- The seat is made from materials that will withstand heavy all-day use.
- The armrests are not adjustable.
In a nutshell, office chairs are just one in many office components that are essential in the productivity of any company. However, getting yourself an expensive office chair does not guarantee increased productivity as there are cheaper alternatives that are effective and save on the company budget too.
Before making your purchase decision, ensure that you’ve considered factors such as the price, size, weight capacity, lumbar support, seat height, and design among others. They are huge determinants when looking for a cheap office chair, and will make sure that you truly choose the best office chair under 100 dollars!
Leave a Reply